Friday, December 29, 2006

Birthday and New Years

Lu is sleeping on my sister's futon, tuckered out from last night's alcoholic festivities. She got onto an airplane at 6am so she could be in NYC to surprise me for my birthday.

With so much running around, I havent had time to finish up my blog about Prague. That's fine, with so many of you dear readers on vacation, I have a sneaking suscpicion that you will be reading all of December's entries in one huge swooping parusal anyway. So, much like everyone else I too have New Year's resolutions that I intend on keeping. With no other reason than needing a public forum to broadcast my shortcomings, here they are in no particular order:

1. Finish my fucking book. Seriously, no more false starts, I have found the voice I want to use, the characters that will be developed, and the over arching theme as well as figuring which of my antics translate into funny-book stuff.

2. Go to New Zealand and work on an organic farm. This is the year of me playing Jesus and finding a flock of sheep to herde.

3. Continue with the hot body project and keep up my weight loss.

4. Read. Not only pop fiction, but major literaray works as well.

5. Procure a real apt, with furniture and give up the refugee look. I am 25, I deserve real furniture, and not the shit made at Ikea.

6. Admit the inevitable, and move back to NYC next year, and become a writer. Seriously, spending the last few days here makes me realize that I am a NYer, and I cannot imagine my life doing anything else except for writing. I need to stop being afraid of being poor, and stop taking the safe way out with my life. Except, I only want to live on the UWS, I want a puppy and Sarah Jessica Parker's shoe collection.

Ok, off to my hair appt. And then home, a bottle of champagne, and a short skirt tonight. I am in the mood to pick up an older man, any takers?

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Flutterbot said...

Have you read Jane Eyre? I thought I would hate it because of the time period it takes place in but it turned out to be one of my favorite books. If that still sounds boring you should check out Dame Darcy's "Illustrated Jane Eyre" I got it for christmas, really cool.

Just a thought.

Take care,
Flutter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home