Friday, October 27, 2006

Free for all

Can I just say how fucking beautiful my bed is, especially when surrounded by my down comforter, pillows, teddy bear, and sitting in my PJs with my computer on my lap? This is perfection. Too bad I’m heading out in about an hour, going out night number four, to a friend’s housewarming party. To be perfectly honest, I kinda preferred my time here when I didn’t have friends and I had time to write.

It’s funny, since I haven’t had time to keep up with it, I’m realizing just how much it is a part of me. I have several outlines for posts, but no time to flesh them out and write them. And when I do have the time, I am just so emotionally spent that I just want to sit in my bed and read. It’s the problem with this blog, some of you are my friends who read this to be kept up to date with my happenings and a lot of you are strangers who read about my life for entertainment. It’s like I feel guilty when I write free write posts like this for the latter group because I know you read this for some time of entertainment, but bear with me. I can’t keep up this schedule much longer. Tonight is night number four that I’ve been going out, and if you remember my life back home, emotionally I can’t handle drink drink drink no sleep. I’ll probably give myself a self-induced date with prince xanax to deal with the inevitable crash.

I was walking along high street today, amongst the older colleges and it hit me, I am really happy here. My classes are interesting, the people who I am getting to know are very smart and unassumingly fabulous, and I’ve found my newest addiction: rugby and squash with my Harald replacement.

But I really don’t want to go out tonight. Except that I am so emotionally spent that it is easier getting dressed to go out than to hang out in my room by myself.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I am one of those people who reads for entertainment, and I just want to say, don't be so hard on yourself about being 'on' all the time with the writing. Your interesting and entertaining just like this.

I always find writing for people on demand dampens the creativity. So, I say do what you do and I am sure people will still have fun reading all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home