Sunday, October 15, 2006

One of those weekends

Have you ever had one of those weekends where you couldn't stop smirking because of the if-it-wasn't-so-funny-it-would-be-cringe-worthy moments?

When I walked to town to get my groceries for the week, I couldn't stop smiling.

Had a great fucking time this weekend. Ended up getting very drunk and dancing in a gay club while showing off my stripper moves. But it wasn't one of those self-destructive let me try to get drunk for some reason evening, it was one of those very rare nights where it was just fun.

Simple. Just fun. The alcohol providing an entry into another way to experience the moment.

In the middle of writing an article for the school newspaper so no post for you today. My creative energies are being drained at the moment. Plus I made headway on my manuscript. Like, when the writing is so personal that I don't know if I could share it--you know it has to be good. Hemingway maybe did have a point, it's creatively freeing to be away from the subject your writing.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger kdawg said...

Isn't getting drunk different in the UK? since everyone is sloshed here on a regular basis regardless of age or class, there is less self-destruction analysis to do = more fun. just don't eat kebabs after the fact.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Promise you'll post your news columns. I don't envy your editor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home