Thursday, November 09, 2006

A few observations

1. I am the world's greatest amateur travel agent as I am managing to get my ticket to NYC and another round trip ticket home for about $800. Granted I will probably have to fly on Christmas but, I'm Jewish, so I really don't care.

2. I have to start writing again. At the moment I'm struggling through a three page paper that used to take me about two hours. Granted I haven't done all of the reading, but that never mattered before. Looks like my skills are sharply declining because I'm not practicing. So, I promise you, giving you my word, that I am going to start writing again. Tirades about people, dating, me trying to find a friends with benefits situation here. Like seriously, it's been far too fucking long since I've had sex. And by the way, anyone good at designing web sites?

3. Yesterday was my second rugby game. I didn't get to play because the other team wouldn't allow unlimited subs and since I go to 1/3 practices we have a week, I completely understand. Moreover, we played against an agricultural college, the girls were fucking large. I turned around to the coach and was like, "listen, it's ok if you don't want to put me in. I don't want to get killed out there." I really need to get over my fear of being tackled. But my lesson learned, do not fucking drink on the bus ride home and then play a game of "Never have I ever" because I am a huge slut, evidently. Or maybe just sexually curious, but my coach exclaimed, "What haven't you done!" Uhm, at the moment, having sex?

4. I'm really excited about the election for social secretary. I should be a shoe-in. And if I'm not, I could always go on the campaign trail wearing my stripper outfit.

5. So my sister comes to Oxford for Thanksgiving and I am super excited. But the coolest part? My birth control pill pack ends the day she arrives, so it's like my pill pack has become an advent calendar of sorts! Ok, I know that was lame, but, I am fucking hungover.

But all in all, guys, I am fucking super happy here. Like, I really enjoy being a student. So much, that I am thinking about staying here an extra year, getting my MPhil and trying to make my mark with some cool research. And then I just found out about a new scheme that gives one year work permits to foreign nationals (like me!) who get their advanced degree from a British university. So, uhm, it looks like I'll be here for another two and half years--at least.

And with my 25th birthday on the horizon, I cannot but help to think, and then what?! It's like I am confronted with this question all over again, "What do I want to be when I grow up?" Fuck, back to the paper, and I need a damn nap.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger reel aesthete said...

darling, please don't kid yourself. you were never quick to write. I remember the wine, the room, the HELP ME WTH THIS PAPER. Oh, when is it due, I asked. . . TOMORROW!!! Like, in 4 hours, now!!! Just admit you're a last minute kind of girl, that way you'll stop stressing about the fact that you're always running a wee bit up to the edge and be able to focus moreon your work. Promise : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home