Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Last Words: Just one more...

Dinner at the masters house last night. Who knew that my love of Jazz and the fact I can sing along to Bing Crosby would put me back in his favor?

One of those nights that was supposed to entail just dinner and then back to my room to study. But then someone suggested one drink at the pub and that sounded like a good idea at the time. And then the second bottle of wine was ordered and before we knew it, we closed the place down at midnight.

With such an active social life it’s easy to forget why I am here, you know?

How to tell you are an asshole NYer: when the Greek bought us wine, my friend “felt bad”. My response? He is paying us for our time. Plus he brags how much money he makes, so it serves him right. But there is a small part of me that did feel bad too, until he leaned in and said how much money he made in the stock market (which was laughable) and how he hangs out with CEOs at company dinners. And I’ve scared off Keifer Sutherland at SoHo house, your point? But, I knocked him down several pegs. Including calling him insecure. Which I admit was mean. And that was weird because a wine drunk makes me happy (and horny).

Tonight: gay drinks and the gay club with the gay boys. After this week, I may end up having to call AA. I just can’t say no. Would skip lecture so I could catch up on my reading, but my professor is so hot. I think I may end up going to extra help. What is it with me and stats professors?! But harmless crushes are very very fun.

It’s not that the hangovers are bad, it’s the cigarettes that make you feel like shit in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home